CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hot Chocolate Run

Ryan and I ran in Dallas' Hot Chocolate run this weekend.  I did the 10K and Ryan did the 5K.  We were able to see him cross the finish line right before we started the 10K.  I did my long training runs with my friend Katie but we ran the race separately.

My goal pace was 8:45 and I ended up running an 8:46.  The course was much hillier that I expected.  There was a huge hill at mile 5 and that was the first time in all my runs that I felt like I hit a wall.  Kind of surprising since I had gotten up to 10+ miles already.  So mile 5 was super slow (9:52 according to my watch).  There was also a big overpass we had to go over at mile 9.

Ryan had gone into work after his race so I headed home.  I was going to go pick-up my kids, but my friends said they'd keep them so instead I got a nice peacefully shower and a nap.  Plus when I went to get the kids later, I found that they had made signs and had planned to come down and watch the race when Jonathan woke up...but he slept until 11am (after no sleeping the night before).  They also got me a box of Samoa Girl Scout Cookies and told me with how much I ran I could eat the whole box.
Now for a funny. Ryan got home from work and had picked up Outback Cheese Fries, Caesar Salad and Alice Spring Chicken for dinner (on work). He downed that, then went for one of my cookies. When I stopped him, he says, "but I ran too." Yes, but his 32 minute 5K was more than made up for my that Outback meal :).

0 comments: