CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Erin - Three Decades Old

I turned the big 3-0! I keep wondering when I'll actually feel old.  I think part of not feeling old yet is that there aren't many younger people around me which is probably because they still in college.  Anyways, I don't feel old.

Ryan made steak fajitas for dinner on Sunday.  The kids were excited to have me use the birthday plate, but I had already packed it. Oops.  They also sang happy birthday and let me blow out candles that had been stuck into peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough balls (my current favorite cookie).

My actual birthday was on Tuesday.  We had a pretty relaxing morning.  I decided to let the kids make me brownies on their own.  I set the oven temperature, poured the batter into the pans and put them in the oven.  Everything else was done by them.  Kherington as upset that I told her Kevin got to help (he dumped the bag of brownie mix into the bowl.  So after they were cooled Kevin was in charge of scooping ice cream on top of them to make a brownie/ice cream pie.

I also made a chocolate mouse that was pretty tasty.  It as just dates, cocoa powder, coconut milk and vanilla.  I will make it again sometime.

Around noon a friend came and picked up Kevin and Kherington to have them play at her house.  They did bunch of crafts and were super excited to show them to me.  I did the afternoon workout class at the Y and even ran 3 laps around the track using the gilders (think bear crawl with sliding discs on your hands).

Afterwards we went to Rosa's Tortilla Factory for dinner.  A free birthday meal plus the taco Tuesday deal made it an awesome deal.  When we got home I got sung to again and blew out another hodgepodge of candles (that's what happens when you're living in boxes).

0 comments: