We drove across the border to Maubeuge, France to run a 10K. Brooklyn and I have been doing long runs each Saturday so 6.5 mile wasn't going to be a problem, but we thought it would be a good prep for her first half marathon and just a fun thing to do. We drove just over an hour and went in to sign up. It was only 2 euros and the route took you through a zoo. Kinda fun. Or I guess it would have been fun BUT in France you have to have a doctors note to run races...you can't just sign you life away and call it good. Oh the joys of foreign languages meshed with different rules in each country. I ran my first European race in Belgium and didn't have to sign anything or provide a doctors note so it didn't even cross my mind. Better luck next time. I guess I'll have to go get a doctors note so I don't have to worry about it in the future. We ended up driving home and going for a run from her house.
And just for fun...this is what happens to my hair after working out everyday without washing it. The grease makes it stay put so there's no need for clips or pony tails. That extra 2 minutes in the shower to shampoo/condition definitely doesn't happen as often as it should.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
10K: No Note = No Run
Posted by Erin Glover at 12:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Erin-
I love your family picture! I also love your hair, when did you cut it? It looks so cute! Hope you guys are doing great, I love living vicariously through you as I hear about your European adventures! My family lived in London for a few years when I was younger and have such fond memories....would love to go back!
Post a Comment