CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

She's Mobile!


Kherington is now almost 8 months old and is VERY active. At church, I look at other kids her age and wonder how in the world parents get them to sleep through the meetings (and in their carrier mind you...she never did that) or even just sit contently on their laps instead of wiggling free, pouncing on any paper or hair within reach (the reach is getting even bigger), or sounding off the "aba-ba-ba-ba." She's happy, but noisy and active. Today at church for the first time she stood on the pew and played with the people behind us, sang to the songs, crawled all over the relief society room and didn't even take a little cat nap the entire time (she did crash on the drive home). She's crawling, pulls herself up on anything, has her first tooth and tries almost anything we eat. Some of her favorites foods are the sweet potatoes puffs and bread. She also likes sweets (and can be bribed...if you want her to like you cookies work great).

This video is from today. She's playing with her music table next to the white Christmas tree.
As to me and Ryan, we are now homeless, carless and jobless. Last Friday, I had my last day of work AND the movers came to pack/ship our stuff to Belgium. Monday we sold our car and Tuesday we flew to Myrtle Beach to spend the holiday's with Ryan's family. It has been great...a true vacation! I was greeted by Bubble Bath from Ryan's mom and so far have gotten to enjoy two baths. We've made a couple sweets including a custom creation I really wanted to try...it'a knock off "My Dough Girl" Audrey cookie (Almond dough with white chocolate, almonds and cranberries). I just took a standard chocolate chip recipe with really good ratings off all recipes, substituted almond extract for vanilla (halved the amount b/c almond extract is so strong), and the mix-ins I wanted. I think they turned out great! I also just finish another book in the series I've been reading (Diane Mott Davidson's cooking mysteries).
Kherington has been sleeping back in her grandparent's room so we haven't had to do nights or mornings. It's a pretty sweet deal. We really appreciate them taking her. The only downside is that Kherington has also decided to become extra clingy lately. She is not very happy when mom or dad walk away from her (whether it's a couple steps or out of the room)...but if she's happy and we can sneak away she's fine. In addition, she does seem to like females more than males.

*I guess I never actually posted anything about this here, but we are moving to Brussels, Belgium. Ryan will be starting his career at Deloitte and Touche with a 3 year rotation abroad. We're still working on Visas (getting closer to securing them) and anticipate starting January 11th. We are starting to learn French and are very excited for this adventure!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute is that! I am sure that you are loving being spoiled. Good luck with the visas. Love you guys.

Tyler & Michelle said...

Good luck in Belgium. Will you always be out of the country?