CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lucky Me

I was just thinking about how lucky I am to have Ryan.  Friday night I stayed up til 1:30 watching a movie, so when the kids woke up at 7am Sat morning, I did not want to get up.  Ryan got up, played with them and helped them make breakfast in bed for me.  They brought that in around 8am.  We all ate on our bed (I was still laying down the whole time) then when we were done, I flipped over and went back to sleep until 10 (yeah...I need to get my sleeping back into normal order).  Anyways, while I slept, he continued to entertain kids, did the laundry, cleaned the front room and cleaned bathroom.  When I finally got out of bed, I did an hour long workout dvd.  He gave the kids a bath, got them ready for the day and took the trash out.  So pretty much I did everything for myself and he did everything for the kids and me.  That was a very nice relaxing morning for me.

Then Sunday he woke up for his early morning church meetings, went to church, had meetings afterwards then went home teaching.  When he came home around 5pm, he watch kids while I took a nap (I stayed up til 3 the night before trying to get this blog up-to-date).  Currently I'm packing for a short trip to visit an old college roommate and her family near Paris (just me and kids) while Ryan reads the kids bedtime stories.

I look at this and from the snapshot of the weekend, I am so spoiled.  I really don't think I could have ended up with anyone more prefect than Ryan.  Aside from his weekly pick-up basketball game (which I consider his 'me' time) he works, fulfill his church calling and spends the rest of his time being an awesome dad and husband.  I am one lucky girl.

2 comments:

Genny said...

I feel the same way Erin! He is pretty amazing! But you are too. You two deserve to be blissfully happy. I love seeing all your posts because you guys really look that way! :)

mamaskeen said...

Love stalking you on FB & your blog! You are a blessed bunch, glad you are enjoying your life abroad, your mom had a great trip, wish I could justify tagging along with her sometime!!